30 December, 2014

Book Review: Second Glance

A few years ago I read the book My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult, a book that I had absolutely loved, so I decided that I wanted to read another book by her. I chose Second Glance, which is actually a ghost story. In this book Picoult writes about a small town in Vermont that appears to be haunted. As many unexplainable things are happening in this town-rose petals raining down from the sky, the ground freezing solid in the summer, and many more-some of the townspeople explore the power of love and family and how they are not always easy to understand. It is an amazing scrutinization of how death and love can affect a person. 

 This novel has many main characters. It bounces from the point of view of one character to another throughout the whole book, making it fun to read and see the many different viewpoints of the people. As I was reading Picoult's use of beautiful language never failed to amaze me. I am being one hundred percent honest when I say that some of the sentences were crafted so perfectly that after reading them I had to look up from the book to take a moment to process it before I kept reading. Seriously. 

One more thing; Second Glance is not just for people who believe in ghosts, but it just might make you question your beliefs about the supernatural. 




No comments:

Post a Comment