15 December, 2014

Book Review: The Alchemist




First of all I want to apologize for the fact that I have not been posting much lately. I just went through through my first quarter of university and I have been extremely busy and haven't had much free time. I am going to do my best and work harder on setting time aside in order to post more on this blog! So, anyways, I just finished The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and I can honestly say that it is unlike any other book I have ever read. 

The story follows a young boy named Santiago who sets out to find treasure but ends up finding himself along the way. During his journey he meets many people, including a king, an alchemist and his true love. One thing that I enjoyed about this book was the style in which it was written. When I was reading it felt like I was being told a story that had been passed down through the ages. It really feels like an ancient tale, even though it was written in a straightforward manner. Although the writing is very easy to read and simple, the story itself is very powerful.  

I would recommend this book to people of all ages because it seriously has something for everyone. It beautifully emphasizes focusing on the self, making it beneficial to everybody. 





No comments:

Post a Comment