03 June, 2014

Book Review: Left Drowning

     Yesterday I finished the book Left Drowning by Jessica Park. Oh. My Gosh. It is amazing. It starts  with the main character, Blythe McGuire, still reeling from the loss of her parents in years past. She is depressed, afraid, and refuses to become socially active. That is until she meets a boy named Christopher Shepard, who helps her through her troubles. For the duration of the novel Blythe finds out more about Christopher as he discovers more about her, and they end up rescuing each other from the hauntings of their pasts.

"I'm overwhelmed at how well he has tapped into my internal battle. My secret wish to believe in fate, spirituality, or something so I don't have to exist with only the cold certainty I feel that there is nothing bigger than random chance." (page 180)



I definitely recommend this book! However, it does get really racy at some parts, so I would say this book is for people seventeen and up. 


(c) 2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo taken by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment