20 October, 2013

Life Goals

Everyone has goals. We all have dreams and aspirations, some we have kept from when we are young and some were made just last week. In my experience, both have importance. One of my life goals, that I've had since I was in elementary school, is to write a novel. I've been throwing around ideas in my head on what to write about for years (literally). Yet I still can't decide on if I am going to write a mystery, romance, thriller, science-fiction or even a teen book. I've had ideas for every single one of those topics, now if I could only narrow it down! That would make things so much easier. Some days I want to just sit down and start it, but other days I want to wait until I have attained more of an education, and I cannot decide. It would probably be better if I waited, but sometimes I am not a very patient person.

Pictures like this one inspire me to write. I stay motivated,
knowing that stories can have very strong effects on people. For me, this is a perfect illustration of that concept.  (disclaimer: not my illustration)

Honestly I do not know the first thing about getting a book published. Do you write it first, then try and find a company to see if they will publish it? Or do you present an idea to a company and see if they would be willing to publish if, then write it? But either way I would still need to figure out what I am going to write about. There is one thing I know for sure. That is: I will write a novel in my lifetime. There is no question about that. I have seen too many people give up on their childhood dreams, and I cannot let that happen to me. Sure, some kid dreams are obviously unobtainable, but that doesn't mean that they all are! I know that I gave up some of my dreams (it was a sad goodbye to the possibility of being a fairy). If everyone gave up on all of their dreams, whether they are old or new, what would they have to live for?

No comments:

Post a Comment