09 September, 2014

The Maze Runner Series

About a month ago I posted a book review on The Maze Runner by James Dashner and now I have finally finished the whole series! All in all the books were great but the first one was by far my favorite of the three. For those who don't know what they are about, this series follows around a young man named Thomas who is placed in a maze with other people around his age. Their goal is to solve it, but they also have other difficult situations they have to overcome; they have no specific memories of the world before the maze, they can't comprehend how they ended up in it, and many more. But little do they know, the maze will turn out to be the least of their problems. 

As the characters learn more and more about the reality of their situation throughout the series, we as the readers learn right alongside them. There is a much greater evil behind it all than I ever imagined, filled with unthinkable horrors that threaten the whole of the human race. But that is all I am going to say or I will end up spoiling the story!

I would urge anyone to read these books who loves a good action-adventure story. However, in my opinion it did get a little bit dry in the middle of the third book so beware of that. But in the end it was all worth finishing!

1. The Maze Runner 2. The Scorch Trials 3. The Death Cure

(Pardon me if this was a bit redundant to my other post on The Maze Runner)

No comments:

Post a Comment