13 August, 2014

Book Review: The Maze Runner

About a week ago, one of my friends started raving to me about a book series she had just finished. It was The Maze Runner by James Dashner. She pretty much told me that I had to read all three of the books ASAP. Then, believe it or not, a few days later one of my other friends told me to read it as well. So I figured it was time to check and see what all the hype was about!

I was not disappointed. 

The story starts with a boy that wakes up to find himself in a giant concrete structure with only the memory of his name, Thomas. He doesn’t know who his family is, where he is from, who his friends are, nothing. The structure turns out to be (you guessed it) a maze. Thomas and the rest of the boys who were put inside it have to figure out how to solve and escape from it, all the while avoiding getting lost and not getting attacked by the terrible beings that lurk in the maze.


Even though this is a “young adult” book it does cover some very grown up topics and issues. This dystopian story brings up questions about humanity, culture, survival, and even love. Trust me, it is a book that anyone who wants to can read, it is not just a book for teenagers.







The next book in the series, The Scorch Trials!

2 comments: