14 October, 2014

Three Fabulous Seattle Cafes

Please pardon my lack of book-related posts lately! I have been crazy busy in the last few weeks and I'm already practically drowning in homework. So, as someone who has recently moved to the Seattle area and who has a ton of studying to do, I have made it my mission to find some of the best cafes to do homework at that also serve great coffee. Whew, that was a long sentence. Anyways, here are a few that I have visited in the past couple of weeks!



Irwin's Neighborhood Bakery and Cafe 
Located in the Wallingford district of Seattle, this corner cafe offers baked goods, soups and salads, and coffee and tea. It provides a calming atmosphere in addition to having amazing eats (and drinks). Both indoor and outdoor seating is available.




Storyville Coffee Company
With a few locations around Seattle, this is the epitome of the northwestern cafe. The lighting and decor give a rexaled feel to the whole place, and the coffee is some of the best I have seriously ever had! Pictured below is the one in the Queen Anne area of the city, but the other locations of this cafe are Pike Place Market and on 1st and Madison in the downtown region. I still have to go to the one on 1st and Madison but I am sure that it is just as great as the other two.






Milstead & Co.
This cafe is a hidden gem. I am completely serious when I say that. I had heard of Milstead & Co. and I was determined to find it but I had a bit of difficulty because is slightly outside some of the other shops in the Fremont area. At first glance I thought it was an art studio because of the outside seating area amidst the sculptures and artwork, but then I looked closer and realized it was what I was looking for. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of the outside area because it was crowded, I did not want to intrude on people's personal space by taking pictures of them! But I can assure you that it is pretty darn awesome. Now on to the most important part; the coffee. It was great! I ordered a latte, as per usual, and it was absolutely delicious. Another point that is worth noting is that the service was really good, the two individuals who were working when I visited seemed genuinely happy to be there. They chatted with me about my day and made me feel very welcome. 



It is a bit difficult to see in this picture but the waterway can be seen from the front of the shop! The concrete structure supports Highway 99 that passes over the water. 

Another pretty foam design. 

The counter space/barista bar. 



Photos taken with both my iPhone 4s and Sony A3000 camera. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice, THEY LOOK GREAT!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete