31 July, 2014

Change

I realized that it has been a while since I have sat down and just wrote about some of the thoughts that are swirling around in my head. My life is currently changing and I am about to experience things that I have never experienced before. I recently graduated from high school and at the end of the summer I am moving out of my house and heading off to a university. This whole idea is very exciting to me but it also completely terrifies me.

Everyone has change in their life. Some good, but also some bad. Everyone is constantly living their own story. It is important to learn as you go how to deal with new situations and be able to mold yourself into new habits. In my opinion, having a set routine is good and comfortable. But how far and how long can a routine last before it becomes a rut? It is good to step out of your comfort zone once and a while. There's a popular saying that goes something along the lines of "Do something everyday that scares you," which I think is great advice. Changing a little something everyday  doesn't have to be anything drastic, it can be as little as asking a store clerk for help or introducing yourself to new people, anything that makes you a bit nervous. Just slightly pushing yourself beyond what you usually do (as long as it’s safe) can be helpful to your wellbeing. It can boost your self esteem and confidence as you realize that you actually can do the things that scare you.  


So even though learning how to fare for myself out in this great big world scares me, I know it is the right thing to do. I know that there are billions of other people in the same place that I currently am and who are experiencing the same feelings and emotions. If you are one of these people about to head into the intimidating "world of adulthood," remember that you are not alone. Remember that growing up, becoming independent, and meeting new people is all part of life. We all have to take this leap of faith and just hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment