11 March, 2014

Book Review: Sharp Objects

I just finished the book Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, and Oh. My. Gosh. It is absolutely insane! The novel tells the story of a woman named Camille Preaker, who is assigned to travel to her hometown to write about the murder mysteries of two young girls for the paper she works for. It may sound like a typical mystery novel, but it is definitely not a story that you can come across everyday. The plot line is twisted, and Flynn keeps you guessing until the very end. She throws so many curveballs that I'm surprised I wasn't dizzy by the time I put down the book.

I would definitely recommend this story to anyone who loves a good thriller. But beware, it is not for the faint hearted. There are a few scenes that contain very explicit material, so I would not  advise the younger ones to read it, unless they are up for some very shocking material. But, even despite of that, this book is absolutely amazing. It will make you get lost in thought, and you definitely wont want to  put it down until you are finished.

My worn copy of the book. 


Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the publishing of the novel, nor do I own any of the rights.
Text of post and photograph of book by me. (c) Logic of a Student some rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great book review! I will have to look into that book, I am always on the look out for a good book!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete